Saturday, February 25, 2006

Yourself!Fitness in a Few Words

Maya knows and can effortlessly demonstrate basic aerobics, step routines, yoga, stability ball exercises, hand weight exercises, and a few stretches. She is also occasionally funny, including self-referential jabs.

She pays no attention to current events, is a poor conversationalist, and couldn't do a math problem to save her life. But in her limited domain, she is a true master. She's not human, but she's human enough for the task at hand.

I was getting into great shape when I was doing workouts with Maya full-time. I've backslid a bit in the months since I switched to Kinetic - it's fun but doesn't do as thorough a job for me - so I'll switch back to Y!F in another week or so.


Share this:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long does it take to start to see changes with Yourself! Fitness? I bought it at about the beginning of December, and used it about 2 or 3 times a week up until a little more than half of January, and I never saw any changes, but I might just not have been doing it long enough.

2/25/2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Anonymous
I had lost my weight with weight watchers but gained 4 pounds back.
I then used Yourself! Fitness. I saw changes in a week and even more the next few weeks.

I set the workouts for 15 min Monday through Friday than did it a couple times day. I avaerged around an hour to an hour an half a day but it seemed like less because the workouts were peppered through out the day. Also having some of the equipment did help me.
I now mix yourself! Fitness with my own workouts.

VH Melville WWW.iportion.com

2/25/2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger Glen said...

Anon: Did your statistics improve in the fitness evaluations? If so, you were changing for the better, even if you couldn't see a difference. 2-3 times a week isn't very much; it would be better to work out more often even if you don't work out for quite as long. Try setting the workout length to a half hour or even 15 minutes but do it 5 times a week. Or more!

I felt and saw results quickly (less than 6 weeks) but I was working out more often than you.

Also, make sure you get enough sleep - if you don't, your body won't have time to repair and recover and you won't have the energy to keep working out, which produces a vicious cycle.

(I'd also warn to be careful with your diet but if you get more sleep and more workouts, you should have less time and inclination to eat. Good luck!)

2/27/2006 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home