Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What's all this, then?

This is a blog for people who want to get in shape by playing videogames.

I was an "early adopter" of exercise games because I was working in Hong Kong when the first Dance Dance Revolution was released there. I got hooked, lost over 10 pounds, and wanted to keep playing it in California where, at the time, nobody had ever heard of it. Thus, I imported bootleg versions of DDR for the Playstation to play with game pads I bought from street vendors at the Temple Street night market. When I wore out those pads I switched to a Konami Soft Pad found at a Japanese import store... While continuing to feed my DDR habit, I've branched out into other exercise games. I seek them out in arcades and often buy the games (and their wacky associated peripherals) for home use. By now I've played dozens of such games and there seem to be more coming out regularly, almost too many to keep track of.

Thus, a blog.

Share this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home