Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Maya is Victorious!

At the end of each exercise segment Maya asks "how was that?" Possible answers:

"No sweat!"
"I was working hard."
"I couldn't keep up!"

In the early days of using Yourself!Fitness - the honeymoon period - workouts were easy. It took quite a few "no sweat!" responses before they became uniformly challenging. But having reached that point - having improved my conditoning and tailored the workouts to match over the course of 50 sessions - I slacked off a bit. Forsaking Maya, I flirted with Kinetic's Anna and DDR and even - gasp! - not actually exercising.

When I returned to Maya, she did not forget being slighted - she is a (virtual) woman scorned! What's that, you say? No, it couldn't be that I got flabby and lazy. No, I'm convinced Maya made the exercises harder, on purpose, out of spite.

Tonight's "Core" workout kicked my ass. Crunches? Bring 'em on! Squat/Lunge Combo? No problem. But then the loooong Plank Twist, the Leg Raises, the V-Ups and finally three Bicycles in a row clinched it: I'm out of my depth.

Help! I couldn't keep up!

Maya took pity on me and agreed to make it easier next time. She's so forgiving.

Share this:

2 Comments:

Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/29/2006 10:15 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I took a few weeks off of Maya. My comp crashed and I lost all my earned music.
I was even exercising and still it was little harder in some exercises.
I seemt obe my fittest doing yourself! Fitness.

VH Melville

3/29/2006 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home